Those little creatures that live within us all... eeewwwhhh yuuuccckkk you say...
What is a parasite?
An organism (animal or plant) which lives in or on another organism (its host) and benefits by deriving nutrients at the other's expense, ie gets food or protection from it.
Did you know that various parasites infect a major percentage of our population?
And, that the most common types of parasites include pinworms, roundworms and tapeworms, which proliferate in a mucous laden digestive tract.
In what ways to we get worms?
- Pets, especially dogs and cats living in the house.
- Eating uncooked meats and fish.
- Raw vegetables and salad, especially if washed with contaminated water.
- Walking barefoot, especially in moist warm climates.
- Poor hygeine in the company of infested people.
What are the common symptoms?
- General Weakness
- Emaciation (weight loss)
- Voracious (increased) appetite
- Withered yellow look
- Facial pallor
- Bluish or purplish specks in the whites of the eyes
- White coin-sized blotches on the face
- Anal itching (especially at night)
- Fretful sleep
- Grinding the teeth while asleep
- Cravings for sweets, dried food, raw rice, dirt (usually a symptom in children), charcoal and/or burned food
What to do?
Many parasiticides are just harsh chemicals, they eradicate most worms after 2 - 3 rounds. On the other hand natural remedies work too.
Yours in Health and Happiness